Saturday, January 28, 2017

A Little Inspiration from Suzi

Hello My fellow Oddballer's, today I'd like to share with you a very quick tutorial and card featuring one of the latest new release images.

I couldn't resist using the adorable Hudson image#363, he is such a cutie.  I wanted to try something a little different when colouring his outfit, so I decide to give him a plaid shirt.

I chose 4 different colours of Alcohol Pens , for this project I used Letraset Promarkers and Tria Markers.  I created the pattern using a layer of lines for each colour, here are a couple of pictures of my practice sheet, to give you the idea;
As you can see the pattern builds up really quickly.  Once I was happy with my pattern, I used the same technique to colour Hudson's shirt;
Once I'd got the pattern onto Hudson's shirt, I added some shading using Neutral Grey markers.  I added some more colour to the pattern once I'd coloured the rest of the image, just to make his shirt stand out a little more.  I then added some highlights with white gel pen.

For the rest of my project, I took patterned papers from a coordinate pack and layered them onto a white card blank.  I trimmed my image and stamped the sentiment, before adding some hand doodles borders to all my papers.

I added my image to a patterned paper before adding it to my card with some dimensional foam pads to add a little depth to the card.

That's all from me for today
Bye for now
Suzi
xxx

2 comments: